Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who is the Columbia bike guy?

You've seen him pedaling across Columbia. Who is the Columbia bike guy?

Athar Habib rides his bicycle across Cradlerock way, Broken Land parkway, even route 29. Athar is visible between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., seen pedaling towards your car, or waving to you. I've seen Athar at The East Columbia Branch Library, Target off route 175, Giant Food in Owen Brown and across from Howard Community College, on Turnabout lane.

Look at the top left glass panel, zoom in and you can see me taking Athar's picture on a rather cold Thursday morning. A ghosting of my bike can be seen near the center of image.

Thanks For Mentioning . . .
I took this photo of Athar March 20, 2008; published the article May 14, 2008 and revised it so you can read it February 17, 2009.
Thanks for Mentioning
I was taking MCOM-409 Literary Journalism at Towson University. I interviewed Athar and people who know him, transcribing exactly what people said and how they said it.

A Google search of Athar Habib sends you to my site. I've revised and improved the article's clarity and content. -phrases inside hypens- represent my voice. ~Italicized phrases are thoughts~ and Facebook posts are written as seen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

his travels take him much farther than just the areas you have described. i often see him all over ellicott city as well (despite his title haha). but yeah he's really awesome

Unknown said...

I made a short documentary about him back in 2007. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp-PoXl-U4E