Monday, June 29, 2009

Bon Fresco: Broken Into

At this time I don't have much to give you. I spoke with the owner, Gerald Koh, this morning. He told me the suspect was caught on the security camera breaking into the restaurant by pitching a rock through the back window.

Both windows on the back door were smashed clean and had been swept into a box by the time I arrived this morning. I wasn't scheduled to work, but I wanted to help if I could. Koh said the suspect had hit other establishments over the course of the night, four or five. I left a message for the officer who took the police report, but nothing has been posted on the Howard County police website as of yet.

Koh said the suspects took money. Upon a visual inspection, nothing else appears to be missing. I guess the food is so good they couldn't wait for Bon Fresco to open to eat it. That elicited a small laugh from Koh. As I sit here, typing, trying to analyze what happened, I wonder why Koh didn't remove the money from the registers after closing last night? There's no office or safe in Bon Fresco? I am however, thankful for the security cameras, and the fact that we all still have jobs.

No comments: