Thursday, May 21, 2009

Follow The Reader's Lead

I received two wonderful emails tonight from two readers of this blog. I have to say its a great feeling to get such a positive reaction from residents. I've always believed journalism to be a public service and with a blog as my platform, it can be.

As I gear up for a summer of interviews and investigation I'd like to know what readers are thinking. As you (the reader) drive or walk around Columbia, what do you wonder about? What would you like me to go out and cover? Think of yourself as part of the production process because in fact, you are!

Look at these Hunteresque tea shades. Imagine wearing them around town. These shades will show you stories waiting to be told. Pretend you're wearing them for a day and think about something post-worthy. Hold that thought . . . and tell me about it.

I scribble notes everyday on ideas for posts or people I'd like to interview, so if you know someone who'd make a good interview or something interesting that's happening in Columbia, drop me a line at thegonzojournalist@gmail.com If you'd like to tell me how I'm doing or how I can improve, same deal, send an email to my gmail.

No comments: