Thursday, April 2, 2009

2010 Census Circling Angelina Addresses


I hope the headlines hits on Google. Guest speaker David Alexander from the Baltimore Sun lectured our class today on SEO optimization, coding keywords for headlines like search engine slugs for spiders. I saw a 40ish-year-old blond woman in a shiny black sedan circling Angelina circle at 7:45 p.m., on my way to the mailbox.

At first I thought she was lost, looking for a house number, maybe a family member making a reunion? "2010 Census, I work for the government, we do this every 10 years . . . didn't you learn about this in school?" she said. I stared back at her blankly, its spring 2009 I thought. I remember feeling burned, searching census bureau data for sociology class assignments on the dot-gov site. 2000 never felt recent or accurate enough, but if they did it my way, the bill would give Geithner gastrointestinal distress, rivaling our field trip into Iraq.

Approachable, polite and eager to lengthen the life of her Marlboro light while time and light faded into the gray. I was walking to the mailbox with my copy of the Columbia Flier. I decided to place the ads at the communal mailbox as a sort of common courtesy & that's when I saw her. After learning she had ties to 75 and worked for Rouse, Mort & Robert, she rolled away. I photographed the car on a sort of afterthought impulse.


I will give one hundred grand to anyone who can locate Baltimore Sun deputy editor David Alexander. Good hunting--think of it like Highlights for hypertext

1 comment:

John G. Boyle said...

"100 Grand" the candy bar?

:)