Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last Call For Z-Pizza


When I worked for Atlanta Bread Company, I remember our manager boasting that we would outlive Z-Pizza and Orinoco Coffee. He said our pizza and coffee were better, I said he was an idiot. As it turned out, both shops outlasted ABC. Soon after it closed, Orinoco followed, along with California Tortilla. Now all that's left is the Asian cafe.

The fare at Z-Pizza is fair but I'd rather go to Jerry's for a pizza. Ultimately, I think that Z-Pizza had the same problem that ABC had. They entered an already competitive market with Ledo's, Jerry's, Pizza Hut, Vocelli's and Domino's. Part of the reason ABC failed was because Panera Bread was already operating and lets face it, ABC was a knock off that got knocked off.

Ryan, one of the managers at Z-Pizza told me the shop had closed at 8:00 p.m. He said they had run out of dough and toppings so they closed early, on their last day of business.

"From what I hear, its an issue between the landlord and the owner but I'm not really sure what really went on with them," says Ryan. "So I just found out Thursday that they were shutting down, Thursday morning."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, so anyone know why McGaw has so many vacancies? It looks like most of the stores went out around the same time frame.... I just find it hard to believe that all 4 has bad management issues....