Sunday, April 5, 2009

Delegate Bobo's Voting Advice

During my interview with Elizabeth Bobo, she pointed out that prior to 2008, only stationary with a delegate's printed name was restricted from personal use. After 2008, the restriction was amended to include e-mail addresses.

Click HERE to listen to Bobo's response to the complaint filed by Jud Malone. The e-mails in question

Bobo says its up to the ethics board to decide whether or not she has done anything wrong. In my opinion when anyone asks you who they should vote for, your answer should be "research the candidates and make your own decision!" When a party affiliated politician offers advice about candidates, that candidate will most likely recommend the candidate who is either affiliated with their party or shares a similar view on the issues.

Jud Malone, who filed the complaint against Elizabeth Bobo, provided me with copies of the 2007 & 2008 e-mails, Ethics Committee letter and PIA request. Click HERE to view these documents.

When I walk into the polls at the Owen Brown interfaith center, I don't want people coming up to me and telling me who I should vote for. Only Bobo knows if people e-mailed her or if she e-mailed them but as Bobo said "there are opinions and there are facts," and the fact remains that she influenced the decisions of others using a state appointed email address.

I'm a journalist, not a politician so I don't know what is common practice in Annapolis but I don't agree with Bobo's actions. Is it right for any incumbent to use resources paid by the tax payer to influence elections of any kind?

No comments: