Sunday, April 19, 2009

Columbia Cleans Up It's Act

Residents from all 10 villages came out Saturday to help clean up green spaces. Community groups worked with the Columbia Association to pick up trash and remove debris from areas around lakes, parks and village centers.

I biked around lake Elkhorn in Owen Brown and around the village center in King's Contrivance and wherever I looked I saw small groups of children and seniors with grabbers and clear plastic bags filled to the gills with garbage.

Granted this doesn't happen every weekend but its a welcome sight and a great way to spend a mild Saturday afternoon. After 11 a.m., Lake Elkhorn shifted gears for another event, so I went back home. Sorry people, until dogs learn how to poop in a box, I'll stick with cats. Plus they feed themselves occasionally.

2 comments:

Janis Markopoulos said...

It's nice to see people caring for their community. Check out what we did in Savage this weekend at the Savage Community Blog www.svg20763.blogspot.com to honor earth day and the passing of a few recent community servants.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.